Building a house checklist is a good idea for anyone deciding to have their own home built. It helps keep you informed of what is happening, and when it needs to happen. Building a house checklist is just important for the home builder or contractor doing the job as it will help keep them organized, and on track throughout the building process.
One of the first items to add to the building a house checklist is bank and construction loan or mortgage information. Keeping track of information such as loan rates and interest rates can be a difficult without some kind of quick reference. Figure out which banks will loan you the money, at the best rates, and dates that the loans should be paid by.
Another item to add to your building a house checklist is floor plan information. You will want to included things like how many bedrooms, bathrooms, lighting, electric, traffic patterns, windows and anything else that is a requirement in your new home.
Your building a house checklist should also include information about the lot or land on which you are building on. Meet with the builders so that you both understand what can and can not be done with the earth you wish to build your house on.
Next you will need to keep meticulous track of all zoning and permit information as it relates to your new housing project. Most home builders will do this for you, but if not this is something you’ll need to add to your building a house checklist. Keeping track of this information is extremely important as city officials can put a halt to your home if you are out of code or violating any ordinances.
Your building a house checklist will need a comprehensive timeline. Exactly what needs to get done and when? Walk throughs should be on the schedule as well.
Other items to consider on your building a house checklist include notes on turning your construction financing into a regular mortgage, occupancy permits, and home inspections. Your checklist should keep you organized and any information relevant to your new home should make it’s way onto this list.
1. Your building a house checklist needs to include bank and construction loan or mortgage information.
2. It should also included detailed floor plan information.
3. Your building a house checklist should also include information about the lot or land on which you are building on.
4. Your checklist should include all zoning and permit information.
5. Also your building a house checklist will need a comprehensive timeline. 6. Learn more creating a useful home building checklist by downloading the free new home Steps Guide above on the right hand side and become savvy on the overall home building process.
Let me know if you have any questions. Good luck with your home building endeavors.