When settling in for any construction project you have to know what you need. Whether you are building a new home or a new fence, a new construction checklist is invaluable. This list will grow in relation to the job, and will help you keep you organized.
New Construction Checklist
The first items on your new construction checklist should deal with the new home size. How many square feet will the home be? How many stories, and how far from the curb must all be defined. You will have plan for utilities so the home can be joined up with gas, electrical, and sewage services, while staying within city regulations.
How much will you have to landscape an area after the home is built? This is a question that should be answered on your new construction checklist. You should have an idea of how much soil you will have to bring in, or remove to level the building area. You will also want an idea of what kind of soils will be needed to level off an area and allow plants to grow properly.
Next on your new construction checklist will come information about the actual design of the home you are building. What style of home are you building, will it have green features, and is there going to be any garages or adjoining buildings?
You will also want to add information about your foundation to your new construction checklist. Do you want a concrete block, or a slab on grade. You should also establish is there will be a basement as this will affect how you lay down the foundation.
These will cover the first few items on your new construction checklist. You will need information on windows, indoor plumbing, interior, and exterior walls as well as other relevant information. A construction checklist will go a long way towards keeping you on track during the building project.
New Construction Checklist Overview:
1. The first items on your new construction checklist will cover the size of the new home you are planning including how many square feet, how many stories, and how far from the curb. Utilities must also be included on the checklist.
2. The next items on your new construction checklist will deal with landscaping. How much soil will you have to bring in, or remove to level. Will plants grow properly on the final soil left when building is complete?
3. Next on the checklist is the actual design of the new home. What style, any green features, garages, etc?
4. Your new construction checklist should also cover the foundation: concrete block, slab, or basement?
5. Learn more creating a useful new construction checklist by downloading the free new home Steps Guide above on the right hand side and become savvy on the overall home building process.