The custom home building process is very detailed and will take some time, but in the end you will step into the home of your dreams. With that said it’s important to have a big picture overview of the custom home building process before embarking on this rewarding and fulfilling task.
Break Down of How the Custom Home Building Process Will Take Place
The first step of the custom home building process revolves around design. It is all about deciding what you want within the realm of possibility. For many people this will be their most direct contact with the custom home building process before the home is built.
Once a design has been agreed upon, the next step in the home building process is preparing the land the home will be built on. Humps and hills will need to be graded away in preparation for the slab or basement that will form the foundation of the home.
Next a framing crew will take over the project. The walls and roofing supports will be erected and during this phase of the custom home building process you will begin to see you new home take shape. By the end of this section of work you will have your outside walls and roof in place.
The next phase brings workers inside the shell of your new home. They will be installing the plumbing, electrical, and ductwork. This part of the custom home building process takes some time as it is very detailed and time consuming.
Once the internal works of your home are in the home will move into one of the final stages of the custom home building process. The inside walls will be completed, sheet rock will be hung, and workers will be cutting holes for electrical outlets, and setting up the piping for showers and faucets.
The final step of the home building process involves the internal finishing touches. The shelves and cabinets will be installed, baseboards will be nailed into place, lighting fixtures will be hung and at the end the paint will go on the walls.
In a nutshell this is what the custom home building process will look like. Now that the work is done you have the satisfaction of standing back and taking in your new custom build home, a truly original design tailored to your specific desires.
The Custom Home Building Process Overview:
1. The first step of the custom home building process is drawing up a design and getting it approved.
2. Land preparation and foundation is the next step in the custom home building process.
3. Walls and roofing supports are constructed.
4. Plumbing, electrical, and ductwork is completed.
5. Next in the custom home building process is the inside walls will be completed.
6. Next shelves and cabinets will be installed, light fixtures will be hung and walls will be painted.
7. Learn more about the custom home building process by downloading the free new home Steps Guide above on the right hand side and become savvy on the overall home building process.